Thursday, April 21, 2011

Modernist Cuisine - Check out this beautiful website

Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking  Thanks to Bookslut, which is pretty much my favorite blog ever, I learned about Modernist Cuisine - a ridiculous, beautiful behemoth of a cookbook/cooking manual.  While my cooking style is distinctly un-modern and (I suspect) un-modernist, I loved browsing the book's website, looking at pictures of decadent food, and getting inspired by the audacity of over-the-top cooking.  I'm also reminded that, as I perfect certain recipes and techniques, there's still so much I don't understand about the scientific underpinnings of my experiments.  I would love to live in a world where I had both the money to buy this book and time to really explore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment