Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's All in the Ground

In a moment of optimism and good weather, I enriched the soil and reseeded the kale, spinach, chard, and conventional beets last week.  When the weather got even more beautiful today, I went a little crazy.  I weeded the flower garden and enriched the soil in the rest of the veggie patch with Bumper Crop, a manure/compost mixture.  Then I sowed two kind of pea, two kinds of carrot, chioggia beets, and chives.  I got two round planters that used to hold small shrubs converted to veggie containers.  I even bought a new rosemary bush that the nursery thought would be hardier than the ones I've had in the past that failed to overwinter.  I'm pretty sure that my timing is off and some of my seeds will respond badly when the weather turns cold again tomorrow.  But I just had to play in the garden today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment