Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Madness!


Yesterday was my friend Brooke's birthday, so I focused my baking time on the cake and pizzas for her party.  The theme of the party was black and white - everyone had to wear black and white and the minimalist decorations included white luminaries - so she asked for a simple chocolate cake with white vanilla frosting.  We were worried that the white cake would be too boring, so we chose red frosting for the message!  After I finished the writing, we thought that the cake still looked a little boring, so we decided to "class" it up with chocolate shavings:


These turned out pretty cute and super delicious, and the cake eating was a huge success.

I used another recipe from the River Cottage Bread Handbook for the pizza dough, and it worked like a charm.  Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the pizza as I spent most of that phase of the party kneading and spreading pizza dough.  My only word of advice is not to have a "Create Your Own Personal Pizza" party if you tend to be controlling about your kitchen!

Update:  I just got a picture of one of the personal pizzas from my friend Becca.  It looks just as delicious as it tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment